The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has its patterns of asking questions in commerce and understanding the patterns and the key topics in commerce would help you perform well.
JAMB Past Questions and Answers on commerce
This new process has helped in reducing malpractice, saving time and cost-effective means of making UTME a fair playing ground for all candidates. In the time past, the rate of malpractice was high but this has reduced via the introduction of CBT.
However, many students haven’t been able to integrate well with JAMB CBT and this has led to failure or underperformance of many students. For any student to pass JAMB successfully, he/she must master the act of taking CBT which is quite different from paper based test. Mastering this act will enable you to pass JAMB successfully.
Sample JAMB Past Questions and Answers on commerce
Note: The questions and answers below are for practice. Use them to prepare for JAMB mock and JAMB examination.
1. The most important factor that delayed the development of commerce in Nigeria was
A. the inefficient means of communication
B. that there were few entrepreneurs
C. the unavailability of infrastructural facilities
D. that there were few developed markets
2. Secondary production has to do with changing the
A. shape of raw materials through construction operation
B. physical form of raw materials into finished goods
C. utility of raw material by engineering process
D. nature of raw materials through manufacturing
3. The major responsibility of an entrepreneur is
A. employing all factors of production in the business
B. coordinating and determining the proportion of what to produce
C. planning and organizing all activities in the business
D. directing and controlling all the affairs of the business
4. Which of the following best describe the scope of commerce?
A. All forms of commercial exchanges and the manufacturing industry
B. buying and selling and the construction industry
C. all occupational exchanges relating to industries and commercial activities
D. buying and selling as well as the extraction of natural resources.
5. Capital as a factor of production can be used as
A. money that is regarded as asset
B. goods that is useful in business
C. input for further production
D. service that provide satisfaction
6. The agency that currently oversee the privatization and commercialization processes in Nigeria is the
A. securities and exchange commission
B. technical committee on privatization and commercialization
C. Nigeria stock exchange
D. bureau of public enterprises
7. Okeze contracted to sell TV sets to Ojo, unknown to them, the sets were stolen in transit. This contract my be terminated on the grounds of
D. breach of contract
8. Which of the following countries are member of the lake Chad Basin Commission?
B. Benin and Nigeria
C. Chad and Benin
D. Niger and cameroon
9. A core investor in the current phase of privatization in Nigeria is one who
A. can afford to buy most of the shares of the enterprises
B. will be at the core of the enterprises
C. can mobilize foreign currency equivalent to the value of the enterprises
D. has the technical know-how of the enterprises.
10. The agency in Nigeria which ensure that products conform to government quality specification is the
A. standard organization of Nigeria
B. Nigeria consumer’s association
C. manufactures association of Nigeria
D. Nigeria chamber of commerce
11. An example of service rendering trade association is
A. Nigerian Bar Association
B. Association of Nigerian Miners
C. Cocoa Farmers Association
D. Manufacturers Association of Nigerian
Ans : A
12. The commercialization of public enterprises is aimed at
A. increasing efficiency and making the enterprises self-sufficient
B. advertising and promoting the goods and services of the enterprise
C. increased assistance and patronage of the enterprises by the public
D. selling the goods and services of the enterprises
13. An author is exclusive right to his published and unpublished works is known as
A. authors right
B. constitutional right
C. patent right
14. Under an endowment policy, the money handed over to the insured at the expiration of the stipulated time or at death is the
B. surrender value
C. lump sum benefit
D. insurance premium
15. The machine used for sending telex message is known as a
B. fax machine
16. Which of these insurance principles requires a close connection between the actual loss suffered and the risk insured?
B. proximate cause
17. The unit through which the results of a processed data are displayed is the
A. logic unit
B. display unit
C. control unit
D. output unit
18. Which of the following is used to inform the addressee that a registered parcel is ready for collection?
A. Express label
19. The type of computer commonly found in offices is
C. the hybrid computer
D. the main frame computer
20. The mode of transporting crude oil to the ports for export purposes is by
A. tanker B. rail C. road D. pipeline
How to Get JAMB Past Questions and Answers on commerce
1. Pay the sum of N2,000 to the account below:
Account Name: Anietie okon
Account No: 2137310876
Bank: United Bank for Africa (UBA)
MOBILE TRANSFER IS ACCEPTED
After Payment, send the following;
(1) Email address
(2) depositors name
(3) amount paid
To Anietie okon via WhatsApp 08121865725.
100% guaranteed. We will send your Jamb Past Question and Answer in commerce in pdf download to your email immediately.
Tips How to pass JAMB successfully
This post will show you some study tips that will help you to excel in your academics. Relax and read to the end.
- Read and re-read what you have learnt. Do not only skim and scan. Sit down and do a thorough studying. People tend to forget up to 80% of what they read in just one day. Reading a course 2 to 4 times is very important for deep and lasting impression.
- For maximum comprehension, you need not hurry over a text. Be patient while studying, don’t be in a hurry while reading.
- Assess yourself by asking relevant questions on the topic you have read. Make reference to past question papers to know how the questions look like and what to expect during exam. Digest and answer the questions satisfactorily.
- Form a study group with friends and try to lecture them on the topic you have studied. it helps your subconscious mind internalize the subject matter. Try to share information, it helps a lot.
- The study group will help you discover some mistakes you might have been making and they will correct you.
- After each lecture or study group class, go back and study more.
- When reading, focus on one course or subject at time for effective understanding.
- Form a timetable for reading. If you are to read Mathematics today, face it and leave other courses except during exam time.
- Note, we are unique beings. There is a special time we all like reading, Some like reading in the day while some in the midnight, Understand yours and follow it effectively.
- While studying, employ the PQ3R method. It is important to studying technique. PQ3R- Preview, Question, Read, Recall, Review.
I can categorically tell you that if you follow all the study tips outlined above, passing your exams will very easy for you.
If you found this article useful, please share and leave a comment behind. Your comments are very useful. We want to serve you better.