JAMB Recommended Computer Science Textbooks For 2023
Someone asked me, what are the best books I should read for Jamb 2022 Computer Science and how do I get them? The answer is right in this article.
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Computer Science is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. Below are textbooks you should buy to prepare for Jamb 2022 Computer Science.
Why Use JAMB Recommended Textbooks For Computer Science?
There are so many reasons why you should use JAMB recommended textbooks for Computer Science over those not recommended by JAMB, some of these reasons include…
1. These Textbooks covers all the topics on JAMB Computer Science Syllabus.
Not all Computer Science textbooks contains all the topics JAMB recommend you study before sitting for JAMB Exam, all the topics you are required to cover are listed in JAMB syllabus which you can access HERE.
But with using these textbooks from JAMB, you can be rest assured that all the topics you need to read about are covered in it and explained in details.
2. JAMB Lifts some questions from these Textbooks.
YES, not all questions asked in JAMB are freshly prepared, some if not most of these questions where lifted from already prepared source, of which these recommended textbooks is one of.
So by studying these textbooks, you are indirectly answering potential JAMB questions.
Recommended For You
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Computer
1. A Textbook for Year 11 – Computer Studies Bibhya Sharma, Shaveen Singh & Vijay Singh, Publisher: Technology and Employment Skills Training Ministry of Education, Fiji.
2. Addan Emmanuel (2013). My Computer for Senior Secondary Schools 1, 2, 3 with Practical Training CD. Valueplus Publication Limited.
3. Adebisi, A. J. (2013). Fundamentals of Computer Studies, Nigeria: Expert Consults, Available on https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258339295_FUNDAMENTALS_OF_COMPUTE R_STUDIES for free
4. Adedapo F. O. Mitchell A. S. and Agunbiade D. A. (Assessed on August 6, 2021): Online with Computer Senior Secondary 2; rasmedpublications.com
5. Brookshear, J. G. (1991). Computer Science: An Overview. Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co. Inc.
6. Chiemeke Stella C., Souley Boukari, Olumide B. Longe (Assessed on August 6, 2021); Computer Studies for Senior Secondary Schools; University Press Plc., upssbookshop.com
7. Doyle, S (1995). Computer Studies for You, USA: Nelson Thomas Ltd, 2nd Edition. Available at https://www.amazon.com/GCSC-Computer-Studies-You/dp/0748703810
8. Driscoll, T. & Dolden R. (1998). Computer Studies and Information Technology (The Motivate Series), Nigeria: Macmillan Education, Available at https://amazon.com/ComputerStudies-Information-Technology-Motivate/dp/0333598342
9. Henderson, P. (1987, February), Modern Introductory Computer Science. In Proceedings of the eighteen SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science education (pp. 183-190).
10. HiiT@School (Assessed on August 6, 2021); Computer Studies for Senior Secondary Education; HiiT
11. Ojo D. J. (2018). Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination on Data Processing. Past Questions and Answers (2014 – 2020). Published by TONAD Publishers Limited. (Theory, Objectives and Practical)
12. Otuka J. O. E. Akande A. F. and Iginla S. I. (2019): New Computer Studies 1-3; LearnAfrica
13. Senior School Certificate Examinations/National Examination Council (SSCE/NECO). Past Questions and Answers on Computer Studies (Theory/Objectives).
14. Sloan, R. H., & Troy, P. (2008). CS 0.5: a better approach to introductory computer science for majors. ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, 40(1), 271-275.
Recommended For You